The quarterfinal match between Djokovic and Sinner will definitely fall in the “classic” category. Of course, there have to be at least one of two conditions fulfilled in the future. Either Djokovic will win Wimbledon 2022 or Sinner will win Wimbledon later in his career. In both cases, the quarterfinals of 2022 will be always mentioned as the turning point of the tournament [for Djokovic] or his career [for Sinner].
Wimbledon 2022 Quarterfinals [07/05/2022]
Djokovic defeated Sinner
5:7 2:6 6:3 6:2 6:2
Game Time: 219 minutes
Five takeaways from the match:
- Novak Djokovic proved again that he can never be written off.
- Djokovic’s ability to survive and win is exceptional. Of course, the “best of five-sets” format helps him a lot.
- Jannik Sinner would win this match in any other tournament over the season except for Grand Slam.
- The “best of five sets” format favors players who can keep their performance stable over the match.
- If Sinner will keep up doing his job, in two to three years he will be able to win those matches in three, or four sets easily.
Overall, it was well spent three and half hours watching this match.
Who will win Men Wimbledon 2022 singles?
- Djokovic (92%, 296 Votes)
- Kyrgios (8%, 25 Votes)
Total Voters: 710
Take part in our poll: Who will win Wimbledon 2022?
Who will win Ladies Wimbledon 2022 singles?
- Jabeur (77%, 27 Votes)
- Rybakina (23%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 450