More you play tennis, more things you need to bring to a tennis court. Times, when you just took a racquet and one pack of balls, are gone forever. These days you need to take at least two racquets, shoes, reserve pair of socks, reserve t-shirt, a pack of balls, one bottle of water, one bottle of isotonic drink and few other tiny things you definitely need for your best tennis. Tennis Bags are a necessary and important thing you need when playing tennis regularly. And believe me, it is not easy to choose the best tennis bag for you.
Tennis Bag Size
First of all, you should count all the things you need to bring to your normal tennis session. When you know the number, then you should make the basic decision about the size of your bag. Generally, you will choose between single racket backpack or regular tennis bag with two or three compartments for three to six tennis rackets. When watching the ATP tournaments you usually see players bearing two bags. One big three compartments bag, and one smaller bag with other necessary accessories professional need. A do not forget, that towels waiting on the bench are provided by an organization, so they do not need to put them in the bag. Recreational players usually use just one bag, depending on a number of racquets either two compartments or three compartment bag. Kids prefer backpack one racquet bag. I personally tend to choose bigger tennis bag over smaller tennis bag. More I play, more things I get used to carry with me to the court.
Backpack or Shoulder?
The decision about the way you will carry your bag is really important. I saw a lot of players with shoulder problems arising just in the moment they enter the court. Carrying heavy big tennis bag on your shoulder could be too dangerous for your shoulders. Fortunately, days when choosing backpack bag meant to bring just one racquet are definitely over. Better models of tennis bags have straps which can be adjusted and you can carry your bag either on your shoulder or on your back. I prefer bags with more variability, therefore I choose tennis bags with adjustable straps.
- Club Line Tennis Backpack Racquet Holder Bag
- 1 racquet compartment that can hold 1-2 racquets. Additional main compartment for extra gear. 1 accessory storage pocket for storing of valuables. Carry handle and adjustable padded shoulder straps/backpack straps.
- Club Line 6 Racquet Bag
- 1 Racquet compartment. 1 main compartment for apparel. 1 side pocket for accessories & personal items. Adjustable shoulder straps with foam padding for added comfort.
- Tour Team Backpack
- Main Racquet compartment for 1-2 racquets. One main compartment. One front pocket and two side pockets.
- Federer Team Collection Fed Team 6 Pack
- RipStop Nylon main body fabric. Black screen print logo and RF signature on side. Red zippers. Exterior pocket for personal effects.
Other features you can find useful
Two or three big compartments are usually used for rackets, shoes, t-shirts. However, you always bring to the court also smaller pieces of equipment you need for your play. To put them in the bigger compartments is not always comfortable. Try to look for keys or vibration dampener in the big space you have reserved for your racket. Therefore, it is always useful when your tennis bag has also a side accessory pocket with organizational features.
Grab handles should be usually padded and two are enough to carry your bag in hand.
Straps of your bag should be padded to ease the pressure on your shoulder or back. Adjustable length of the strap is must for every tennis bag and these days you hardly find tennis bag without it.
The top end models have a protective thermal lining for racquet compartment to keep your strings in optimal temperature to avoid loss of tension.
Ventilated compartments for shoes and dirty gear is also a big plus for your tennis bag.
Just Fashion or a must on tennis courts?
It is not a must but usually if you play with a Babolat racket you probably use also Babolat tennis bag. Some people raise their eyebrows when they see player pulling his Yonex racket out of tennis bag with big Wilson on the side. For me, it is a pure fashion thing. If you play with Yonex, but you still have your Head bag, you are used to, just go ahead and enjoy your game.
But if you feel good just when everything clicks, then find a good combo of racquet and bag of the same brand for good price.
- 2016 AeroPro Drive Tennis Racquet - STRUNG with 6 Racquet Tennis Bag
- Latest AeroPro Drive for 2016. Endorsed by Raphael Nadal
- For strong intermediate and advanced Players Comfortable, high control, high spin, all court racquet Strung with top quality string by USRSA Master Racquet Technicians
- Bag hold 6 racquets, Extra Side compartments, Shoulder Straps, Padded, Looks sharp
- Graphene XT Radical Pro 16x19 Tennis Racquet bundled with a HEAD Radical Series Tennis Bag
- Graphene XT- Weight has been shifted to the tip and grip, providing better maneuverability and increased swingweight. Supercombi- Backpack carry system, 2 main compartments for 9 racquets, one with CCT+, inside accessory pocket, shoe sack, outside accessory pocket;
- Players generate more kinetic energy when they hit the ball. With less effort, more power is generated; Sony Smart Sensor Ready
- Supercombi- Backpack carry system, 2 main compartments for 9 racquets, one with CCT+, inside accessory pocket, shoe sack, outside accessory pocket;